The product Training is an integral component of the augmented products of ILS and is provided as a service. The trainers from ILS are well experienced professionals with extensive product and business process knowledge. They provide comprehensive and collaborative Training to the users during the Training programs, specially designed for the variety of ILS customers and user of its products. Some of the features of ILS product Training are as follows:
Focus on Business Processes
ILS provides product Training more focused on business processes, than that of transaction completion in the system.
Sufficient Time Allocation for Training
ILS whilst following project timeline allocates sufficient time for product Training to the users so that they can retain the information till and after go-live. After formal, classroom-based Training users are trained on process simulation in a test environment.
Training to the Trainer
ILS provides Training to the super-users or subject-matter experts, who can conduct the broad end-user Training. These internal trainers give leverage in providing functional Support during and after go-live.
Relating New Processes to the Old Processes
ILS maps new processes to current ones to help users to migrate to the to-be environment. And relating to as-is processes helps in highlighting the most significant changes affecting users.
Getting Leverage from Combination of Training Tools
ILS uses a variety of formal and informal Training tools to make sure the changes stick. ILS gets leverage in product Training from a combination of classroom Training and use of cheat sheets, user instructions, web-based tutorials, hands-on simulations etc while deploying the system.
Combining Training with Change Management
ILS keeps users in the loop from initial phases of implementation to final stage of go-live. New business processes and changes are defined, and users are made aware about change, targeted departmental communications, well-defined roles and responsibilities, and other key organizational change activities.
ILS Training Methodology
ILS shall take up the following methodology to take up all the Trainings such as Core User Training, End User Training, System Administrator Training and Top Management User Training:
Product Training Options
ILS opts for those Training options that are easily available and can accommodate different type and number of users, whilst taking care of the different style of learning of users. These Training options are easy, convenient, and extremely user-friendly. Some of the Training options opted by ILS are as follows:
Remote Instructor - Led Training
Our remotely-delivered, instructor-led Training allows participants to learn about ILS product’s features & functionalities and interact “live” with our professional trainers from the comfort of their desks. Each hands-on Training session is conducted in two-hour segments allowing participants to practice what they learn and address questions in consecutive sessions. Participants need only a phone and a computer with an internet connection to participate.
Onsite Instructor - Led Training
ILS onsite Training sessions provide hands-on Training allowing participants to develop a strong understanding of all the features & functionalities. Onsite instructor led Training is class room Training and is provided at approved Training or learning centers For some users, its easier to learn in a classroom environment, having a chance to ask questions and interacting with the trainer.
Training the users give a better return to the customer on their solution investment, user skills and productivity are also improved.
Imagination Learning Systems provides ERP Software Implementation for all ILS software suites. ILS offers a comprehensive implementation Support to all of its customers with its vast industry experience, varied domain knowledge, modern tool kits, accelerators and customizable frameworks. The well-experienced implementation team provides in depth guidance to the users at customer site during implementation.
ILS’s onsite ERP implementation methodology helps customers to combine the advantages of world-class delivery with robust ERP implementation and deployment skills.
Imagination Learning Systems has designed “Implementation Roadmap” to fast track the implementation of ILS projects. This methodology is to be used as the implementation methodology for all educational ERP projects of ILS.
The following schematic diagram shows how the overall program is structured:
Detailed implementation methodology is as follows :
- Freezing on Project Manager(s) from both sides
- Defining and documenting Statement of Work (SoW) of the project
- Publishing detailed Project Plan with overview of project tasks
- Customer signoff on SoW and Project Plan
Business Requirements Analysis, Processes Analysis (AS-IS: TO-BE)
- Mapping the Functional Processes with the help of core team of customer
- Relating the processes to the system and identifying the Gaps
- Creating templates and handing over them to data collection team for data collection.
- Taking the technical requirements from the technical team of customer IT teams.
- Mapping the Hardware, System Software, Network and Data Center Requirements.
- Taking Post implementation requirements from the customer.
- Submitting Conceptualization Report, System Design Report for identified customizations and Functional Requirement Specifications Report for customer
- Taking sign-off from the Core Team and moving on to the next phase.
Development of Customization Items for the Requirements as per the Gaps
- Development of Customizations identified for requirements.
- Creating test cases and test reports for Testing and UAT for the new built modules
- Performing Testing and UAT
- Taking sign-off from the Core Team and moving on to the next phase
Installation / Configurations / Setups
- Installing the system for customer on the servers
- Configuring the system as per detailed requirements
- Setting up the system for as per the processes mapped in the Business Analysis
- Data Collection team will collect the data and submit to Implementation team for verification
Data Loads and Tests
- Data Collection team to provide and clean-up the data and complete the data templates
- Writing / using data migration programs and porting the data to the system
- ILS internal verification and testing of system after data uploads
- Data uploads of applicable data into the IL system
- Handing over the system to testing team for Testing
- Training of customer core team for testing process
- Performing the SIT (System Integration Testing)
- Performing the End to end UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Sign-off by all users for the tested system
User and Support Staff Trainings
- Hands on end-user Training on the system
- Hands on Support staff Training on the system
- ILS shall train the existing staff in the use of software, uploading of data, maintenance of system etc. during this exercise.
Pre Go Live Check and Go-Live
- Performing Checklist based readiness assessment for Go-Live
- Declaring Go Live
Post Implementation Review (5 days – After 3 months of go live)
- Reviewing system configuration for effective system response time
- Reviewing key application-related business processes and their effectiveness
- Assessing and identifying ways to improve application performance
- Evaluating user application skills and identifying additional Training requirements
- Submitting summary of findings and specific recommendations for optimizing business and application performance